We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and diligent Marketing Manager to drive the growth of our engagement with diverse audiences old and new and present CAN’s brand across all productions and the festival with its distinct qualities. The successful candidate will help us to refine and further develop the CAN brand and grow relationships with young people, East and South East Asian (ESEA) communities and broader UK audiences on ambitious productions and programmes on leading stages and site-specific locations by developing dynamic and targeted marketing campaigns across a wide range of platforms.
You’ll be directly involved in the recruitment and management of other freelancers who will help CAN’s marketing and audience development. You will lead a redesign and development of CAN’s main websites and branding across all productions. You will work closely with CAN’s artistic team and other leading artists to build the most effective plans and execute them for the productions and festivals CAN produces and presents.
We welcome applicants from different backgrounds. We are looking for someone who has a passion for our cross-artform and innovative productions and can commit to developing the company and our audience with us.
See the full information in the recruitment pack.
To apply for the role, please complete the online application form, including a cover letter telling us what excites you about the opportunity of this role at CAN, what qualities, skills and experience you could bring, and your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including two referee contacts (2 A4 pages max).
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience (full-time; part-time options and flexible hours negotiable)
- Create and implement a marketing plan focussing on audience development
- Develop and maintain CAN’s brand
- Work with suitable freelancers/companies to re-design and develop CAN’s website towards its most suitable and accessible structure to facilitate the general marketing strategy
- Develop social media content and execute audience development plan by working with the CAN team
- Build stories (with the CAN team) around CAN’s work, present artists, and performances, generate deeper engagement with audiences through social media, and proactively pitch stories to the press
- Create and execute marketing campaigns for the sale and promotion of live and digital performances CAN presents
- Identify and work with suitable freelancers for other elements the marketing campaign requires
- Hold responsibility for all elements of marketing events including writing copy, sourcing and approving images, ensuring appropriate crediting
- Manage CAN’s social media presence, including developing strategies for the content and online audience
- Lead the PR strategy to work in house or with an external agent to promote all CAN’s works
- Work collaboratively with the CAN team, artists and venues to fulfil marketing responsibilities
- Lead on tracking the effectiveness of campaigns and work with the Administration Manager to create reports for funders and the board
- Work with other members of the CAN team to deliver promotional material or marketing for fundraising and special events
- Carefully manage marketing budgets, ensuring maximum return on investment
- As a term of your employment from time to time you may also be asked to undertake other such appropriate duties as and when required of you, as well as being asked to work flexible hours to suit the operation of the organisation
- Participate in all training and development initiatives as required
- Attend external events/conferences as the representative of CAN
Deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 10th May 2022
Interviews are expected to take place in the w/c 16th May 2022