CAN will host a number of workshops to support Artist Development for British Chinese artists, which will be free to attend. To attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the workshop title in the subject line. These workshops will be:
- Applying for Funding to Arts Council England – 7th June, 4-6pm: Arts Council England’s Relationship Managers will run a session with CAN on making an application for funds at China Exchange, London
CAN partners with ACE, China Exchange & Moongate Productions.
Register by 1st June (first come, first served – maximum capacity 30).
- Young Vic Directors Workshop – 4th July, 6.30-8.30pm: An introduction to the opportunities available through the Young Vic’s Directors Programme for British Chinese directors and theatre makers at all stages of their career. Led by Sue Emmas (Young Vic Associate Artistic Director) and Nadia Latif (Young Vic Genesis Fellow/Associate Director)
CAN partners with Young Vic.
Register by 30 June (first come, first served – maximum capacity 30).
- Film Workshop with Jenny Lu – 17th July 2018 6.30-8.30pm CAN Office
- Jenny Lu will share her experiences of making and releasing a film, based on her recent film ‘The Receptionist’ (2017), which is to be shown across UK cinemas in July 2018.
To register please email email@example.com
- Heritage and Legacy of British East Asian Theatre with Moongate Productions, October 2018 (date/ venue tbc)
- Music Sharing Evening, November 2018 (date/ venue tbc)
With special thanks to Arts Council England, Young Vic, China Exchange, Moongate Productions, and Yellow Earth Theatre.
If you are travelling from outside London, CAN has one travel bursary (value up to £50) for each of the above workshops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Travel Grant’, to outline your request. Recipients will be selected by CAN’s Senior Producer and notified by 25th May. If applying for a travel bursary, you must ensure that you have a place booked on the workshop that you want to attend.
In 2018, CAN’s Bursary Scheme will offer two awards to UK-based artists of £1500 per artist.
- The first bursary is part of our festival call-out for next year, see here.
- The second bursary is for a non-festival call-out, see here.
Application deadline is now extended to 4th July.
Later in 2018, and in addition to these bursaries, CAN will advertise some smaller award opportunities for showing works-in-progress during our festival in 2019.
Artist Support Sessions
If you would like to come and talk about your work, or our advertised artist development opportunities (including the bursary awards before 29th June 2018), to CAN’s Senior Producer Ruth Holdsworth, please book a slot on one of the following dates (first come, first served) by emailing: email@example.com
7th June 2018 between 10am-12pm
20th June between 3-5pm
4th July between 12.30-2.30pm
18th July between 12.30-2.30pm
- 1 Live Production
- 1 Music Performance
- 1 Site-Specific Commission
CAN will support a work that is responding to contemporary and innovative approaches to Chinese perspectives and/ or Chinese cultural elements.
For more detail, please see here.
We have no current opportunities.
ARTIST DEVELOPMENT PORTAL COMING SOON
Image credits: Main banner images: Open Studio © Jo Fong | Artist Development: Maggie Ho-Ki Kwan © Simon Richardson | Volunteer: Jo Fong at The Tenant © Paul Blakemore | Participate: The Tenant © Paul Blakemore