The recruitment pack contains the full job description and person specification for the Production Manager role at Chinese Arts Now.
CAN is looking for a Production Manager for CAN Festival 2023 and two to three CAN Productions (the majority of which will form part of the festival). The ideal candidate will have proven experience working within a range of venues and artforms with excellent budgeting, technical and organisational skills (particularly with regards to projection and AV systems). Reporting to the Artistic Director and liaising with the Producers, Designer, Creative and Stage Management team, the Production Manager will manage all technical aspects including: organising production meetings, set build, technical infrastructure and transportation requirements, as well as preparing technical schedules to agreed deadlines and managing the overall production budget.
To apply for the role, please complete the online application form, including a cover letter telling us what excites you about the opportunity of this role at CAN, what qualities, skills and experience you could bring, and your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including two referee contacts (2 A4 pages max).
Deadline for applications is 5pm Thursday 26th May 2022
Interviews are expected to take place in the w/c 30th May 2022
Fee In the range between £8,500 to £12,750
Contract Fixed term contract June 2022 to 10 March 2023
Exact schedule to be agreed; approx. between 10 to 15 weeks.
You will be required to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role including weekend and evening work during the Festival (1 February – 10 March 2023).
- Oversee the planning and delivery of all technical production aspects of CAN Festival 2023
- Create technical production budgets including technical hire and crew recruitment
- Consult with artists and venues to assess technical requirements
- Create technical schedules and specifications, liaising with artists and venues to ensure these requirements are met on time and in budgetSource and hire technical equipments as needed
- Create and deliver technical plans within the budget for the design of the live performance part of HOME X
- Create and deliver technical plans for the outdoor installation part of Low Carbon Chinatown
- Potentially production manage for one more CAN Production
- Support the Administration Manager with technical contracts and financial administration such as invoicing and updating financial records related to technical work
- Recruit and manage technical support staff in line with budgets, providing training and briefing staff as required
- Oversee technical run-throughs/rehearsals and performances, including supervision of get-ins and get-outs
- Create risk assessments for each production and ensure the festival adheres to health and safety/insurance requirements in line with current legislation
- Attend meetings with Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Directors as necessary
- Assist with post-festival evaluation
- Any other technical/production related duties that may arise